Thursday, August 11, 2011

God's Love

I was listening to "How He Loves Us" this morning. No matter how many times I hear that song, it gets to me.

In the context of riots in London, two wars, and a dismal economic outlook, it is important to pause and remember that God loves you. Totally, completely, and overflowing. I know that I needed this reminder. When I lack so much in this temporal life, God has so much to give that is everlasting.

It is easy to see why Paul talked about God the Father pouring out his glorious riches of love and mercy and grace upon us. It is a fountain that will never run dry. When I am in this season of dryness (both literately and figuratively), it is comforting and strengthening to know that there is an endless supply of his living water for our lives.

I pray that you will take a moment today to dwell on this truth, and that His love will be poured out on you in a fresh way this day.
-ted

No comments:

Post a Comment